Our team of Healthcare professionals are able to assist with a multitude of tasks, including routine daily assistance, personal care, preparing meals, shopping and general domestic duties. Furthermore, our office team coordinate with GPs and Pharmacies to ensure medication is ordered and collected, should extra support be required. We also offer domiciliary respite care within the home in periods where family are away on holiday, or simply taking a break.
We visit each home from the outset to meet with the client and their family. Together, we carry out a thorough assessment of each individual’s needs and develop a safe, effective and flexible care plan.
Should a client’s circumstances change at any time, we will review their care needs to evaluate what has changed, and adjust our care accordingly, offering any additional support that may be required.
We also liaise closely with Local Authorities, Care Managers, GPs, District Nurses, Hospitals, Occupational Therapists, Physio Therapists and other health professionals on our patient’s behalf in order to keep them safe and secure.
Ultimately, we aim to provide the best care possible to enable our clients to stay at home for as long as they may wish.
Our service call times range from 1-hour care calls to 24-hour round-the-clock care for:
- Assistance with both getting out of bed in the morning and helping into bed at night.
- Washroom assistance and dressing
- Hoisting and mobility transfers
- Continence care
- Catheter care
- Stoma care
- PEG and JEJ feeding
- Meal preparation
- Assistance with shopping
- Prompting or full administration of medication
- Ordering and collecting medication
- Assessing and requesting moving and handling equipment
- Arranging GP appointments and home visits
- Arranging District Nurse home visits
- Arranging optical and dental home visits
- Assistance with domestic tasks
- ‘Sitting in’ services and overnight care
- Support for accessing community activities and social events